Cariboo Distribution is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cariboo Distribution may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September, 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and company name
- Contact information including billing, shipping and email address
- Preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Any account information you supply during registration or during a purchase either by telephone or the internet is used for such purposes as responding to your requests, specific transactions, improving our store, and communicating with you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Order processing and payment.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We employ third-party service providers (other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf). They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Examples of such providers include: fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending mail and e-mail.
- You have the right to have a copy of the personal information you provide and to correct or update your personal information.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us either by e-mail or phone. You may also instruct us to remove you from our mailing lists by using the link provided in our email programs.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest, such as manufacturer and retailer websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Surveys and Promotional Offers
Cariboo Distribution may administer surveys and contests. Participation in these events is completely voluntary and the customer is in full control of whether or not to disclose his or her personal data. Information requested may include both contact and demographic data. This information is kept confidential and is used to notify winners as well as to improve the use and satisfaction of our web sites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.